Hey everyone! Here’s a list of the new items I bought at Trader Joe’s:
Top row: Rustic Whole Wheat Bread, Unsalted Creamy Peanut Butter, Gone Berry Crazy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Middle row: Crunchy Cinnamon Squares Milk Chocolate Bar, Mini Classic Lemon Bars, Peanut Butter Cartwheel Cookies, Pacific Salad
Bottom: Cauliflower Gnocchi
Review of last haul’s items:
- Sparkling lemonade: Like a combination of lemonade and sparkling water! It’s not like USA lemonade, more like lemonade served across Europe. Really tasty and light, a perfect summer drink!
- Olive oil potato chips: Perfect simple summer snack. A winner when it comes to potato chips.
- Wheat crisps: Just like Wheat Thins, but a bit cheaper.
- Cooked shrimp: I used these in an Asian zoodles (zucchini noodles) recipe and the dinner came out great! I like that there’s a lot of shrimp for a good value and there is a quick defrost method.
- Chocolate covered frozen bananas: New favorite dessert! I don’t feel guilty eating these since it’s fruit, and they are really good! Just wish it came in a bigger package.
- Thai red curry sauce: I used this for a chickpea and broccoli curry dish and it tastes delicious! And it’s so much easier than making your own curry sauce from scratch.
- Organic hummus: Delicious hummus! I could easily eat a tub of the stuff. Great with carrots, crackers, or on a sandwich. I used it in the sweet potatoes recipe posted last week.
- Feta cheese: Another great product! Also used in the sweet potato recipe.
- Mozzarella cheese: The part skim is perfect for paninis! I used mine for Caprese paninis (tomatoes, cheese, and pesto on sourdough). You’ll need a sharp knife because it’s tough to cut through, but totally worth it!
- Pizza dough: Oh man. This dough is delicious, BUT: 1. It’s a beast to roll out. It requires a lot of upper arm strength (and a good rolling pin if you’re lucky enough to have one). 2. I ended up using A LOT of flour on both the dough and my hands just to keep it from sticking to everything and rolling out to a decent size. 3. If you pile on the toppings, you need to cook it for longer than indicated on the package, otherwise, you’ll end up with raw dough in the middle. I used this dough for my kale and mushroom pizza that I posted on the blog last week.
Also, I recommend investing in a trolley! It’s a fabric grocery tote that rolls. So helpful especially if you buy a ton of groceries all at once! This one is less than $15 on Amazon, it folds up into a clutch size bag and it works great!
I hope you enjoyed this post and shop at Trader Joe’s on your happy and healthy adventure! 🙂 ❤