I was recently on Pinterest looking for easy and quick dinner recipes with relatively few ingredients when I landed on this recipe! I cooked this up a couple of nights ago for a dinner main course, and it was great! Here is the recipe link:
It can also be served as a side, but it’s a great vegetarian option for dinner.
Above is my final product (not nearly as pretty as the picture on the recipe link) but it tasted delicious and was filling!
A couple of tips and tricks:
- To cook the potato, the recipe says to cook for 3 minutes on each “side.” I approve of the microwave method to bake potatoes, but if you are using medium potatoes, up the time to 5 minutes each side, for large potatoes, up it to 7 minutes per side. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a raw potato that will be difficult to scoop and mash.
- If you don’t want to use the potato skin as the holder for the mash mixture, you could serve it in a bowl instead.
- The recipe calls for plain hummus, but you could also use garlic hummus or any other flavored hummus! That would really add a punch.
- If you’re not a huge fan of spinach, there are alternatives like kale or watercress. I definitely recommend adding a green though because it bumps up the nutritional value!
- Mix half of the feta cheese into the sweet potato mixture itself, and sprinkle the other half on top. That way, you have little melty bits of feta and whole crumbled feta in every bite!
- You can make this recipe vegan by omitting the feta cheese and making sure your hummus is vegan.
I hope you enjoyed this post and try this delicious recipe on your happy and healthy adventure! ❤ 🙂