Hey everyone! I hope your Lenten season got off to a good start and that you’re fulfilling your Lenten promises (if you made any!).
A little over a week ago, I shared my list of Lenten promises. Here they are again in case you didn’t get a chance to see that post:
- Pray the rosary daily.
- Journal daily (about anything!).
- Read daily (textbooks, leisure books, anything).
- Only buy coffee 2 times per week.
- Live a healthier lifestyle (30 minutes of exercise per day, one healthy meal per day).
- Try my best at whatever it is I’m pursuing.
- Be kinder to myself.
- Keep a tracker of these habits (prayer, journaling, reading, budgeting, exercise, meals, daily activities).
I updated this list to also add:
- No meat
- Meditation daily
As far as keeping these promises…that hasn’t gone so well. We all have the best of intentions when we make Lenten promises (or New Years resolutions, etc.) but sometimes we get off track or break these promises.
Progress/Updates: Most of my promises are not being met, such as praying the rosary, journaling, coffee purchases limit, healthy lifestyle, no meat, and meditation. However, I’ve been trying my best to incorporate all of my Lenten promises into my daily routine, and that was one of my goals. I’ve also been reading daily and keeping a habit tracker, so I’m fulfilling those promises. Even though I haven’t been fulfilling my goals 100%, there’s still time and room to improve and carry on with these practices even after Lent ends.
That’s what confession is for! If you’ve been like me and haven’t been fulfilling the promises you made to yourself for Lent, you can attend confession (thank goodness for this).
How are you doing on keeping your Lenten promises? I hope you’re having a wonderful Lenten season on your happy and healthy adventure. 🙂 ❤